Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mouth Of Man - Demo [2009]



I don't do this often, because it doesn't happen often, but I had a request to review a local band's album. Mouth of Man is an emotionally charged hardcore band that to me is pretty true to the 90's type sound for this kind of stuff. There is nothing new here to be honest, but that doesn't mean it sucks. It's good for what it is, so if you like this era of music you won't be disappointed. Kind of reminds me of Inkwell/Treadwell/Honeywell (ok maybe not exactly but I was on a roll). Thumbnail comes to mind for some reason as well. Mouth of Man are not as spastic or heavy or even discordant as many of the bands you might compare them to which to me makes them feel a little more mature. I am not the hugest fan of this demo, but there are a lot of people out there that have been waiting for something like this for a long time. I can see a warm reception in this band's future. "Hallelujah" is a good jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment